The West Virginia Cave Conservancy, Inc.. is a volunteer, nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation, chartered in West Virginia. Donations are tax-deductible!
What We Do
• Manage caves to protect sensitive
cave resources and environments;
• Educate landowners, developers, local
governments, and the public on the value
of cave and karst resources;
• Organize cave and karst conservation
projects including sinkhole cleanups
and livestock barrier fences;
• Preserve access to significant caves
in the region through ownership as well
as management agreements;
• Work with and advise landowners on
their karst management issues;
• Provide expertise on karst and aquifer
issues to city and county governments;
• Work with planning commissions;
• Sponsor and encourage research and
surveying projects in WVCC caves;
• Sponsor and co-host the National Cave
and Karst Conservancies Forum.
The Board of the West Virginia Cave Conservancy, Inc. (WVCC) bans the commercial use of our properties, and, specifically, prohibits any activity where a charge of any type occurs.
Board of Directors
The WVCC Board of Directors and Associates are on the Contact Us page.